Physician litigation support program
We recognize that litigation is one of the more difficult things you may face as a health care professional — on both a legal and an emotional level.
That’s why we’ve created the Physician Litigation Support program, designed to:
- Remove the mystery of litigation
- Help prepare you for what to expect during the legal process
- Reduce stress and anxiety by explaining what’s happening and offering resources
- Ensure you are able to successfully participate in your own defense
How does the Physician Litigation Support program work?
The process begins the moment we know you are involved in a lawsuit or claim. Within a few days, a qualified professional will call you personally. He or she will listen to your concerns, explain what will happen during the claim and litigation processes, link you with resources and, in general, help you cope with the stress and anxiety created by the litigation process.
Our litigation experts will:
- Educate you about the strategic and emotional realities of litigation and how to best prepare for depositions and trial
- Stay connected with you throughout the process, reaching out during times of greatest pressure — before depositions, before trial and each night of the trial — to help relieve as much stress as possible
- Talk about the emotional and physical toll exacted by the legal process and your specific concerns, rather than discuss the details of your case
1. New England Journal of Medicine. Malpractice risk according to physician specialty. August 18, 2011.