Physician Empowerment Suite©
The healthcare environment is changing and with the shift from volume to value reimbursement is increasingly being tied to measures of outcomes, safety, and patient experience. The patient experience is central to success in new reimbursement models, and patient engagement has been shown to be a critical risk reduction tool. MMIC has created a robust two pronged approach to evaluating both patient experience and the related topic of clinical effectiveness by introducing the Physician Empowerment Suite©.
The Physician Empowerment Suite© lets physicians take control of their future by providing the essential building blocks needed to adapt, succeed, and grow for years to come. The suite can be used by hospitals, practices, and physicians to evaluate baseline performance and identify areas for liability risk and opportunities for performance improvement. Enhancing performance could equate to:
- Optimized reimbursement from payor negotiations
- Membership in narrow networks
- Improved reputation
- Reduction in bad debt
- Fewer malpractice claims, payouts, and related expenses
Patient Experience Platform
- Real-time patient feedback from email surveys
- Provides a clear picture of how you stack up against other providers and practices
Clinical Effectiveness Platform
- Measures your performance in the areas of: Outcomes, practice patterns, quality, and patient safety
- Identify your areas for improvement and compare your scores to peers in your practice and nationally
Performance Improvement Tools
- Extensive library of web-based educational modules
- 400 downloadable and modifiable example forms
- Provides module recommendation based on survey results
Modules Included in the Suite
THE PATIENT EXPERIENCE PLATFORM
- Prioritize improvement initiatives
- Monitor trends in performance
- Protect your reputation
- Validate your performance to maximize your earnings
This cost-effective, specialty-specific tool offers valuable patient feedback in real time – giving you a clear picture of where you’re excelling, where you and your staff can optimize performance, and how you stack up against other providers and practices.
With our Patient Experience Platform, you’ll be able to compare physicians and locations, benchmark against other practices nationally, and receive monthly report cards, including patients' written comments.
Are you explaining things well to your patients? Would they recommend your practice? Did your checkout staff make the patient feel respected? Was it easy to make an appointment?
You’ll have the answers to these questions, and more. By design, our specialty-specific surveys provide analysis in more detail. On average, they generate response rates of 35-40% and completion rates of more than 97%. Better yet, the data you collect offers actionable insights that can be used to:
How it Works
Our HIPAA-compliant platform is cloud-based, easy to implement, navigate, and use in three simple steps:
- Create a simple file from your EMR, which is securely up loaded each week.
- Patients receive an email survey that takes only 5 minutes to complete.
- Log in to your Patient Experience Dashboard to view real-time metrics.
You’ll get instant answers from specialty-specific surveys, make lasting improvements, and maximize your earnings.Loading the player...
The Clinical Effectiveness Assessment is a specialty-specific tool that helps you measure and improve your value. With it, you can measure your clinical best practices, outcomes, patient engagement, and patient safety to positively impact your patients’ quality and safety. These measures are critical components in pay-for-value reimbursement contracts.
Do you see your patients prior to surgery and “sign” the surgical site with the patient? Do you routinely administer prophylactic antibiotic within one hour of skin incision? What’s your adenoma detection rate?
With our innovative specialty-specific Clinical Effectiveness Platform, you’ll have the data you need to know exactly where performance and quality standards can be optimized throughout your organization.
How it Works
Our HIPAA-compliant platform is easy to implement, navigate, and use in two simple steps:
- You’ll receive an email survey that takes no more than 10 minutes to complete
- Log in to your Clinical Effectiveness Dashboard to view real-time metrics
Why it's Better
The Clinical Effectiveness Platform is linked directly to our Performance Improvement Tools, providing seamless integration. Low component scores in your survey will automatically provide a link to relevant performance improvement learning tools, offering you immediate opportunities to optimize performance and reduce your risk.
- Enhanced operational efficiency
- Improved patient safety and satisfaction
- Reduced risk
- Optimized reimbursement from payor negotiations
- 15-20 minute web-based learning modules and presentations focused, specific, and needs-based curriculum
- Over 400 downloadable strategies, tools, and customizable forms
- Modules that can be used as a complete course of study or on an as-needed basis
- Completion of the modules can be tracked and reported to a practice manager
- Reduction of Waste
- Informed Consent
- Clinical Practice Guidelines
- Change Management
- Team-Based Care
- Prep for ACO or PCMH Accreditation
Enhancing your performance is more important than ever as pay-for-performance reimbursement models become the new norm. MMIC’s Performance Improvement Tools were developed by nationally renowned clinicians and thought leaders in healthcare in collaboration with George Washington University.
Part of the Physician Empowerment Suite©, the library of Performance Improvement Tools were deliberately designed for immediate and impactful learning, especially when integrated with our Clinical Effectiveness Platform. What’s more, low component scores in MMIC's Clinical Effectiveness Platform will automatically provide a link to relevant learning tools, offering immediate opportunities to optimize performance, which could ultimately equate to:
Our specialty-specific tools were designed with applied adult learning principles and offer a unique combination of resources:
More specifically, the tools provide education and coaching on a variety of topics, including: