Why Choose MMIC?
At MMIC, we do much more than sell medical liability insurance. We’re a mutual company, meaning we’re owned by our policyholders. Our goal is not to earn ever-higher profits for stockholders, but to serve the community by protecting health care professionals and helping to make their patients safer.
Of course, MMIC offers the liability protection you need as a health care professional or organization:
- Medical professional liability
- General liability
- Employee benefits liability
- Excess liability
But we also support these products with innovative services and offerings, such as:
- Patient safety and risk management
- Health information technology solutions
- Physician well-being support
- Physician litigation support
- Consulting services, including HIPAA compliance and EHR consulting
We do all this while maintaining superior financial strength ($310 million in policyholder surplus), earning an “A” Excellent A.M. Best rating since 1992, and returning $117 million in dividends to our policyholders.
For these reasons and many more, 98 percent of our policyholders chose to renew their policies last year.