Reporting an event or claim is quick and uncomplicated
Our online form takes only minutes to complete, and in seconds the form goes directly to our claim services staff. You receive an email confirmation, usually within minutes, and, if you've requested a call back or other assistance, expect to receive a call or email within two business days. Most often you will hear much sooner.
When to Report
Report a claim in any of the following instances:
- Legal action
- You are served with a lawsuit.
- You receive a letter from an attorney stating that they are making a claim on behalf of a patient against a physician, hospital or facility.
- You are contacted by a licensing board or regulatory agency stating they are starting an investigation.
- Adverse event
- There is an unexpected outcome resulting in injury to the patient.
- A birth results in injury or death of the infant or mother.
(In this instance, you may want to consider preserving the placenta for future testing.)
- A failed medical device results in patient injury.
(Be sure to secure the defective device for future testing. Do not send the device back to the manufacturer for testing until you consult with us.)
- Injuries or damage to property or data
- A data breach involving a patient’s personal protected health information has occurred.
- If we insure your premises for general liability, notify us of any reported injuries or property damage that occur on the premises.
How to Report
Log in securely and click on "Report a Claim". Fill out the claim form and click "Submit".
- Through your Agent or Broker
If your agent or broker has asked that you contact him or her before reporting an event or claim to MMIC, please do so. Your agent or broker can forward the information to MMIC directly, essentially reporting the event or claim on your behalf.
Submit your form through any of the three methods above, and you’ll receive an immediate confirmation by email, and a claim number.
Log in to Report a Claim