Coverage of cutting-edge topics in patient safety and risk education
Brink is our risk and patient safety magazine, published two times a year. Available in print and online, Brink delves into cutting-edge, complex risk prevention topics relevant to medical professionals in their everyday work lives. Each issue has a focus, and the articles help to provide the latest thinking and best practices, plus malpractice claims analysis, opinions, and more on the chosen topic.
Past topics have included Improving the Diagnostic Process, Advanced Practice Providers, and Consent and Communication.
2019 Winter Issue
- Factor of Me
- Culturally Speaking
- Are Physicians an Endangered Species?
- Joy to the Work
- Belonging, Together
2018 Spring/Summer Issue
- Can We Talk?
- When News Isn't Good
- No Longer Lost in Translation
- Citizen Jurors Speak Up
- Are We Trending?
2018 Fall/Winter Issue
- A Prescription for What Ails Health Care?
- Inside a Midwestern Telemedicine Hub
- Keeping Care Local
- Back to Basics
- Standard of Care
- Montana Embraces Medicine
2017 Summer Issue
- Rethinking Pain Management
- One Treatment Does Not Fit All
- Health Professionals & Opioid Addiction
- When You Need to Say No
2017 Spring Issue
- Improving Diagnosis in Health Care
- A 12-Step Diagnostic Process of Care Framework
- When a Cough Isn't Just a Cough
- Engaging the Patient Early
- Debugging EHR Factors
2016 Fall Issue
- Advanced Practice Providers
- 3 Strategies to Support APP's and Reduce Risks
- Culture Shift: Leading Through Collaboration
- APPs as Part of the Solutions
- Claim Review: Communication Breakdown
2016 Summer Issue
- Consent & Communication
- The Cost of Misunderstandings
- Informed Consent: More than a Signature
- Where Communication Breaks Down
- Reducing Risks Associated with Your EHR
- Claim Review: Failure to Obtain Informed Consent